Device discovery and setup requires to have the latest version of Java Runtime Software installed on the computer that is being used for initial setup. But sometimes even after installing the latest version of Java some user might experience issues when attempting to do device discover. Frequently the issue is due to one of the following scenarios:
- System has the latest version of Java Installed but at the same time it also has an older version of Java installed.
- Older version of Java was not uninstalled correctly from the system.
- Web browser has not granted permissions to run the Java Applet.
To resolve the above issues please attempt one by one the following troubleshooting steps.
- Uninstall older version of Java using the instructions provided by Java on the following site: http://java.com/en/download/faq/remove_olderversions.xml
- Make sure your web browser allows Java applets to run. You can find instructions below:
- For Internet Explorer
- For Chrome
- For Safari (Mac OS)
- If you still experiencing problems please submit a ticket. Our support team will gladly help.